Avital & Co.
If you can imagine it, we’ll create it since 1957
Silver has been valued as a precious metal for a long time. In fact it was once thought to be more precious than gold. Possessing a grey or milky white appearance, this precious metal is known as the “metal of the moon.” Softer than gold or platinum, pure silver (also known as fine silver) cannot be used in its purist form. Therefore, the metal alloys that pure silver is paired with are copper, gold, lead and zinc refining.
Sterling silver, which is the most popular alloy of fine silver, is a mixture of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. Acceptable hallmarks (stamps) for Sterling silver jewelry are:
• Sterling silver
Here at Avital & Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), all of our sterling silver jewelry is stamped with these acceptable quality marks so you as our customer can rest assured that the sterling silver piece of jewelry that you are purchasing is top notch.
Care and Maintenance
Sterling silver tends to oxidize from everyday exposure to various elements. Therefore, your once beautiful sparkling sterling silver jewelry will become dull and tarnish. To keep your gorgeous sterling silver jewelry looking in top shape, Avital & Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), recommends the following steps in order to have your timeless piece of jewelry maintain its original warmth and beauty:
• Remove all sterling silver jewelry when showering or bathing. The exposure to soap and chemicals can dull the silver, necessitating more frequent cleanings.
• Remove all sterling silver jewelry when swimming or using a hot tub.
• Remove all sterling silver when cleaning around your home as it can be scratched and/or dented if treated roughly.
• Properly storing your sterling silver jewelry is just as important as cleaning. When you are not wearing your precious sterling silver jewelry, keep it in the original box it came in or if you do not have that, wrap it in a soft cloth. Finally, store all of your jewelry separately so that it does not get tangled or scratched.
• Inspect your sterling silver jewelry for any signs of wear and tear. Pay special attention to the prongs in your . Make sure that they are not bent or loose. Make sure that the clasps in your and catch easy but are still secure. Look at the links in your , and jewelry to make sure that they do not kink or bend. If you find that your jewelry could use some loving care and attention, email Avital & Co. at customerservice@Avitalandco.com or call us at 212-764-6851 to set up an appointment to have all done.
To clean your sterling silver jewelry at home, polish it regularly with a soft cloth and silver polish. NEVER use rough or coarse fabrics because it will result in scratching your jewelry. However, Avital & Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), recommends that your bring your jewelry in every 6-12 months to have your jewelry inspected for lose stones or any damages and have it professionally ultrasonically cleaned and steamed. This service is provided to all of Avital & Co. customers free of charge. To learn about other beneficial services we offer, become our .
Here at Avital & Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), we believe in taking care of our current and future customers. Therefore, Avital & Co. offers many beneficial services that are free included but not limited to our Referring a Friend Program, our free Client Loyalty Rewards Program where you earn free loyalty dollar points towards future purchases, free jewelry cleaning, free verbal appraisals, free consultations, and many other free services. In addition use our free and convenient layaway program where you may be eligible for an additional free 2,500 client loyalty dollar points (cash value of $25) towards your future purchase here at Avital & Co. Register with us and receive your first free 2,500 client loyalty dollar points (cash value of $25) towards your first purchase valued at $150 or more here at Avital & Co.
To all of you, from all of us at Avital & Co. - Thank you and Happy Shopping.