Find Your Ring Size
Avital & Co.
If you can imagine it, we’ll create it since 1957
How to Find Your Diamond Ring Size
1. Chose a ring that you wear regularly. Make sure that the ring fits comfortably around your finger but will fit over your knuckle.
2. Lay the ring over a circle. When measuring the ring, measure the inside edge of the ring. This is the diameter of the ring. For accuracy, the ring must cover the complete circle. There should be no visibility outside the circumference of the circle of the ring.
3. When the size of the ring falls between to different sizes, order the larger size.
4. When ordering a diamond engagement ring, a wedding band or an eternity ring with a large band, Avital and Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), recommends that you order the next size up for comfort reasons.
If you have questions, call one of our trained gemologists at 212-764-6851 and we will be happy to assist you.
Tips for Measuring Your Ring Size
1. Use the ring chart provided. Do not use string or paper. The best way to measure your finger is by printing the ring chart that Avital and Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), has provided. The reason for this is because string and paper tend to stretch and rip thus you may not receive an accurate measurement. Click here to print the chart.
2. Temperature is important. Your body temperature will affect the size of your ring. Avital and Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), recommends when figuring out your ring size, you take it at the end of the day.
3. When two sizes seem to fit. The ring needs to fit comfortably on your finger and be able to slide over your knuckle. When it feels like two sizes fit or you are in between two sizes, go with the larger size.
4. A wider band needs a bigger size. When purchasing a wide band, a larger size is better. So if you are considering purchasing a wide band, move up a size from your measurement, for comfort’s sake.
5. To surprise your finance. If you are trying to surprise your fiancée, ask a friend/parent to get a ring from her.
6. For best results, use a plain band. A plain band is best to use when trying to figure out the size of your diamond engagement ring, diamond wedding band, or diamond eternity band. The reason for this is that if you use a ring with stones, the gemstones in the ring may cause the shank to lift up when laid on its side. This will distort the size of the ring. If the ring you are using has a narrower shaft than the one you would like to purchase, consider ordering the next size up.
8. Resizing your diamond ring. Worried about choosing the wrong size? Avital and Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), offers one free ring re-sizing.All you have to pay for is shipping and extra diamonds if needed. To arrange a free resizing, call us at 212-764-6851. Rings that are shipped to us without notification will not be processed.
Learn how to ship to us.
Click here to print our ring size chart.
Here at Avital & Co., located in the heart of the world famous Diamond District in New York City (NYC), we believe in taking care of our current and future customers. Therefore, Avital & Co. offers many beneficial services that are free included but not limited to our Referring a Friend Program, our free Client Loyalty Rewards Program where you earn free loyalty dollar points towards future purchases, free jewelry cleaning, free verbal appraisals, free consultations, and many other free services. In addition use our free and convenient layaway program where you may be eligible for an additional free 2,500 client loyalty dollar points (cash value of $25) towards your future purchase here at Avital & Co. Register with us and receive your first free 2,500 client loyalty dollar points (cash value of $25) towards your first purchase valued at $150 or more here at Avital & Co.
To all of you, from all of us at Avital & Co. - Thank you and Happy Shopping.